Lola O.
Okay, I'm going to bet that if you like Korean dramas (like I do) then you've heard of/watched Coffee Prince with the delicious Gong Yoo (yes I did just refer to him as delicious, although yummy comes to mind as well:)!).

Well a few friends and I decided to adventure out to Hongdae (first time/only time being there during the day). It's actually really lovely, lots of cafes and shopping stores to explore. I researched using the lovely Google to find some directions since I heard that is was a bit tricky to find. Stumbled upon this, which made our trip a lot easier.
Take Subway Line 2 to Hongik University, take Exit 4 -> turn right on Seven Springs corner -> walk 2 blocks -> at the end of the street, turn left -> turn right on the first right - > walk until you almost reach the end of the street where the street goes slightly uphill (about 500 meters) -> find the coffee shop on the right side
Lola O. Note: Once you start going uphill just keep going, you might think you are walking for to long, but it takes a bit to get there.

I was a bit disappointed, I thought it would be bigger/grander. Even then, it was still a fun experience for the drama fangil in me. The drinks and desserts were overpriced but you are paying more for the atmosphere of the place. The staff was really friendly, and it was a nice way to spend an afternoon with the girls.

Now for pictures:













Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

P.S I'm in love with this song, it makes me smile everytime I listen to it.
Look forward to more photo diary entries!!!! (For reals yo!!!)
2 Responses
  1. Jennifer Says:

    i found your blog on the expatblog site, and when I seen the post about Coffee Prince I could only smile. I ESLed in SK in 07-08 and am planning my return this September, but anywho, watched all the episodes of Coffee Prince. It was the one Korean tv show I actually followed. You're right Gong Yoo is yummy. Although I meant to, I never visited the cafe. enjoyed the posts and I look forward to reading more. ~j


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Thx Jennifer. It was a fin experience for any kdrama watcher. You should go this time around, just for a smile. The cafe has a nice atmosphere to it...especially on a rainy day like when we went.