Lola O.
I'm sitting in my apartment skyping my sister, and waiting for My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho to premiere. All the stress and nervousness I've been feeling today is slowly drifting away. I love those moments when everything begins to settle down again, and you wonder why you felt so overwhelmed in the first place.

Today was the last day of my afterschool program until school starts back up again. Tomorrow is the last day of camp. I am so excited for it to be over. Overall it was a pretty good experience. I had no more than ten students in both classes, and I got to do whatever I wanted so we had a lot of creative teaching. I love being able to make my students laugh and enjoy themselves, and I think I was able to accomplish that in the past 3 weeks. I know they are looking forward to some relaxation, and they sure deserve it. I'm feel really sleepy right now, but it's a good kind of tired. Like I just finished working hard, and now I can rest.

Since the stress of camp is over, the stress of traveling comes to play. I'm trying to not get anxious, or stressed out. I am a nervous traveler. Airports and airplanes make me anxious with all the people and the rush of everything. I guess I must have a bit of a phobia, since I don't like crowds and never go to the mall or drive in peak hours. Yeah....I'm a weird one:)! I haven't really started packing yet, I am only bringing a carry-on and a backpack for Hong Kong. I have a list of things to do tomorrow, but I'm going to try and enjoy the experience of planning and preparing for my vacation.

I think once I am sitting in aisle seat on the plane I will feel all the tension release and I can really begin to relax and enjoy myself. I was planning to stay in a hostel but I might get to stay with a friend of a friend while I'm there, which would be a lot nicer than the 8-female dorm I booked at least I think/hope so. We'll see how that works out. I'm going to be flexible and just go with the flow. I don't really have a detailed plan for my time in Hong Kong. I do have things I want to see and do, but I'll decide as I go where I want to end up each day. The weather doesn't seem very good in HK right now (just like Seoul) but I'm hoping it with clear up and sunshine will fill my days. I'm dreading the humidity, but I've got to take the good with the bad.

I am really looking forward to my first solo travel adventure. I've never done this before, and I'm glad to finally be able to go and afford a real vacation to somewhere I've never been. I feel like the more experiences I have doing things solo or things I've never done before I grow a little more into the person I want to be. I'm a cautious person by nature, but I am learning to let life guide me, and not spend so much time lost in my thoughts. Every little step I take leads me closer to the next page in my story.

I've got a lot of things to look forward to up till the end of September. Hong Kong, Jeju, Incheon Wave Festival, and Tokyo. Sometimes it feels so unreal being here and having the opportunity to see and do so many things. I'm really happy and thankful that I get to see more of this world we live in. I get to see and do things I used to only dream about. I love how those dreams are becoming a reality. I want to enjoy it and soak up as much of its awesomeness as I can.

I probably won't write anything about my travels till I get back, but I have scheduled photo diaries to fill the void until I get back on the 26th. Wish me luck, and I hope you are enjoying your vacation(s) as well.

Alrighty my drama is about to start i.e Lee Seung Gi time:)

Death Cab For Cutie: Transatlanticism


Be blessed,
~Lola O.~
1 Response
  1. JIW Says:

    I am sure you will get use to traveling. For me I think I have gotten use to it and now am a little impatient.

    I am looking forward to your posts.