Lola O.
Happy Friday lovely readers!!!

To those who are already on the 24th, HAPPY Christmas Eve to you. I hope you'll be spending the day with loved ones, good food, and an endless flow of laughter.

The shades are up in my classroom, and the sun is peeking in lighting up the place, casting shadow puppets along the surfaces, and just making me smile because although it is very cold outside it is also really beautiful outside. I can't help but smile at that. The sky is clear, the sun is warm, and I'm very much in the holiday spirit. I gave my co-teachers small Christmas presents and made them both Christmas cards. The smiles and looks of pleasant surprise was the icing on a very delicious cupcake.

I love giving presents. I spend a lot of time choosing what to give or make for them, but when they recieve it and they enjoy it, that makes it soooo worth it. I've got presents for my lovely people back home who I will see in January, and I look forward to giving it to you all. I will be going home in about 3 weeks and the excitement is bubbling up inside of me. Although my plane ticket hasn't been purchased yet, and I've got 3 weeks of camp to do, everything feels great, and I know it will all turn out amazing.

I cannot wait to go home. I'm crossing my fingers we get to leave early since the kids have already gone home. One of my students gave me a really sweet handmade Christmas card yesterday telling me how she loves and respects me, and that even though she'll go on to be a 7th grader she won't forget me and will miss me. I gave her a big hug of appreciation. She totally made my day so bright because it was really unexpected and I could see how much effort and care she put into it. I was talking to my sister on the phone about it, and she said to me "you see, you never seem to realize how much of a difference you make in people's lives" and it just made me think a lot about recognizing my importance and my impact on the people around me both in small and big ways. To take the time to notice and nurture those relationships.

I'm looking forward to this Christmas weekend. I'm really hoping we'll get snow here. This is the one time I actually want it to snow. I haven't had a white Christmas in ten years, and it would be nice to see one here in Korea. So for my Christmas wish I hope it snows and I get to have a white Christmas. I'm going to cook myself a fabulous dinnner and dessert, watch my favorite X-mas movies; Love Actually, The Family Stone, and The Holiday, and listen to Christmas tunes tonight. Then tomorrow, watch more movies, and have a Christmas dinner with friends in Itaewon and see where the night takes me.

This is my first Christmas away from my mom and the rest of my family, but I am doing my best not to get homesick and just enjoy the holidays with the wonderful people around me. I'm going to try and spread some holiday cheer wherever I go. I've never been a huge Christmas person, but I do love the idea of giving and just the kindness of the holiday season.

Two years ago I wrote this...

In seven minutes it will be Christmas Day 2008... Let's hope and pray that in Christmas 2010, you will be surrounded by people you love and who love you. That you will be happy and fulfilled with what you are doing, and that you will have found the answer to the question of your life...

I think my younger self would be proud of me! I'm enjoying my life here, I've got a great group of friends both here and back home, and I'm finding that there is no one answer or one questions to my life. My life is a series of answers and questions that change as I travel farther down this road called Life. There is this happiness bubbling inside of me on the brink of spilling out and splashing all over. I'm excited for what my future holds.

Wishing you all a very...

Merry Christmas!!! Happy Hanukkah!!! Happy Kwanzaa!!! Happy Holidays!!! Happy Everything!!!!

Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

My favorite Christmas song)


All the Christmas songs sung by Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra are also really wonderful.
Be healthy and happy this holiday season!!!
0 Responses