Lola O.
Anyone that knows me might say I have a lot of clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry....the list goes on. I tend to think they exaggerate. I mean I really don't have that much stuff, it is just that my closet should be bigger (think Clueless). If I had a bigger closet then there would be no problems.

Ever since I decided to go to Korea I knew that packing would be the hardest and crappiest part of the whole process. Trying to fit my stuff i.e. my life into 2 suitcases, a carry-on, and a "purse" (more like another carry-on) for a whole year is hard. It is really, really, really (feel me yet..lol) hard to do.

I already knew I would not be able to do 50lbs...that is just asking too much of me but I am really trying to stick to 70lbs luggages and pay whatever excess baggage fees Asiana charges me. Some might say do you really need to bring all this stuff? Yeah, I do..it is all about comfort and my stuff makes me comfortable.

Believe me I have let go of quite a bit of stuff already...there are two storage containers in my closet full of things I am not bringing with me. SO it is not like I am not trying to bring less, but it is more like I don't think I can bring anything less that what I have decided are the essentials.

Plus, I am not shaped like a Korean woman so it would be hard to find clothes/shoes there. That is why I don't plan on buying any clothes there...only jewelry. I think I am starting to sound like that woman from Confessions A Shopaholic but I don't think I am that bad when it comes to shopping.

A year is a long time, and who knows when I am going to be coming back to the states. My goal is to not go over 70lbs so we will see how that goes. Hopefully the people at the airport have some sympathy for me and waive the fee. A girl can hope.

Yes, I just spend a whole blog entry to justify my decision. Wish me luck ^___^ !!!!

Here is one of my favorite songs by Clazziquai.


Best,
~Lola O.~
0 Responses