Lola O.
The Countdown till I leave for Korea has started! I have a month left before I leave and it feels like time is speeding up and I can hear this internal clock ticking away. It is exhilarating and scary at the same time. I think the plane ride to Seoul is going to be the longest one of my life both literally and figuratively.

I just hope I don't end up crying when I say bye to my mother or have some kind of panic attack at the airport where I start questioning my decision to do this. I just don't want to freak out...at least not in public!

My days seem to be spent reading up on everything I can possibly find in regards to life in Seoul and stuff about South Korea in general. This is the first time I am doing something like this and I am doing it alone for the most part. So it is a big step for me to get out of my comfort zone and like Nike says "Just do it." As far as I know we only get one life, one chance to do the things we want to do while we can. For me, I want to travel around for now and that journey starts with South Korea.

I don't want to be tied down to one job or one place. Instead I want to experience different things so that when I choose that one job and one place in the future I won't have regrets about it. The sky is not my limit, I want to reach higher and higher heights until there is no height left to reach. Lately, I have been thinking about my future, and how I feel a lot more internationally inclined. It would be cool to work for an international company, be a diplomat or ambassador, or an international lawyer.

I'm hoping South Korea helps me get closer to figuring out where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be in the future. For once I don't have a plan, but I know God has a plan for me and he will lead me on the right path, the only path created just for me. It is kind of nice not having a plan and just opening my mind to the infinite possibilities of life. I'm 21 years old, I don't have to have all the answers, and I don't know how to ask all the questions, and that is perfectly fine. Lol...this isn't the post I planned but yeah:)

As far as my expectations/hopes for going to South Korea. I am expecting to have fun, learn a lot, experience so many different things, eat lots of delicious food, learn Korean, and make some good friends with minimum drama. I know I will have my ups and downs but for the most part it will be ups!:) I think my biggest fear is how people (Koreans) will react to me. I am not looking forward to being stared at or touched or etc..but I am going to have to deal with it so it is good to know what to expect!

Overall, I know it is all going to work out in my favour because God is supporting me in this endeavor. I think I am probably going to spaz out my last week here, but I am definitely going to enjoy my friends and family before I leave. So peeps if your in Phoenix we shall hang out before I go!!!:)

The Fabulous Epik High: FAN


Ciao,
~Lola O.~
2 Responses
  1. Yo MC Says:

    Be patient, the day you enter Korea land will come sooner than you think! You're so lucky! I still have 6 months before I leave to study in Seoul!


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Yeah, I am learning the importance of patience and enjoying myself right now.