Lola O.


Some days time seems to be endless and other days it goes by so fast. I have made it through the last two months and hopefully in 4 months I will finally get to leave for Seoul. I have a check up next week with the GI doctors so I am crossing my fingers they give me the thumps up that all is well in my body and I can get cleared to work in Seoul  and move forward with my application. Plus, no more meds!!

I have started to application process again, but thankfully I don't have to do interviews again. I did the background check again, and need a letter of clearance  from my doctor saying I can work full-time and blah blah blah. I've been feeling a lot better for the most part. I get bouts of tiredness but other than that my energy level is rising now that I am no longer internally bleeding or anemic:). Life really is unpredictable...all the more reason to take a few risks and see what happens. I am itching to go to Seoul and just be there, living life, and having new experiences.

So it makes it that much harder being here in the States, especially since I haven't found a job for the next 4 months. I have a college degree and yet I cannot find a job. Not to mention I am kind of picky about the kind of job I would do. I hope I will find something to do to keep me busy. As much as I love catching up on my shows and discovering new ones there is only so much of that a person can take. Being at home "resting" is not all that it's cracked up to be after  few weeks.

I think I am more cautious now about getting excited about Seoul. Just because I don't want to be blindsided again if something God forbid does happen. I need to get back in the habit of practicing my Korean, learning more about South Korea, Seoul, and just getting back into the going to Korea groove. It kind of sucks having to do some of the paperwork over again. All those little fees add up and makes me wince.

4 months to go and things should be more interesting with Thanksgiving, my best friend's wedding (the only good thing about this whole situation is I get to share here special day with her), Christmas, and just spending more time with good friends and family.

Keep me in your prayers,
Lola O.

Currenty Loving: Snow Patrol's "Set The Fire To The Third Bar"
CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!
2 Responses
  1. JIW Says:

    Sounds all right. Maybe take a small job of babysitting to start getting use to being around kids. Look around for part time gigs...maybe helping out a senior home. I don't know what it is like in your area.

    Anyways time will fly by as the holidays come to pass. Be happy you can spend it with loved ones while the rest of us will be out here in Kland.


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Yeah, trying to find a job is turning out to not be so easy, but hopefully with the holidays coming up I can find something. I'm around kids all day with my little cousins around 24/7.

    I'm going to make the most of my time here though:)