Lola O.
* Happy Dance*

I've been kind of moody lately, and so today I took a me, myself, and I day. I went and saw When In Rome, it was nothing special but it definitely was cheesy enough to lighten up my mood. I got some cavity inducing goodies and pizza from my favorite place to end the day with. Then, when I got home, I saw the express package on the dining table and it made me smile. It was my passport with the visa inside of it:).

I didn't go crazy with excitement, but it was just one of those happy moments we have in life. I don't know what my deal is but my excitement about going to Korea is of a very mellow kind these days. I don't go wild with excitement...it is more is a simmering kind of joy. Maybe, it is because I know what it is like when things don't go according to plan. Maybe this is my way of protecting myself from feeling the way I did in August.

I don't have the answer, I just know that this time around it feels different. I feel different; as if there is a certain bittersweet maturity this time around. Maybe, that is why I am waiting to buy my ticket till after I see my doctor next week. I just feel like I have to wait till after I see him to take that next step and make it all real and final. I guess maybe I'm a little scared things will get screwed up again that I am limiting my excitement. Who knows...

Well, I have my visa, I am 98% packed, and the last thing I have to do is buy my plane ticket to Seoul for this dream to become a reality. I am planning to leave the night of Feb.24th so I can get to Seoul the morning of Feb.26th. The time difference makes it feel like I am on this epic voyage, even though the journey is about 18 hours.

Can't really say I am looking forward to being on a plane for that long, but hopefully since I am leaving at night I will just sleep for most of it. We shall see...

Only 26 more days left before a new chapter in my life begins...I'm looking forward to it with a smile and an open-mind/heart.

Be Blessed,
~Lola O.~
3 Responses

  1. Katie Gibson Says:

    hey, congrats! what school will you be working for? google reader suggested your page for me...im going to seoul too. i leave the morning of the 24th. ill be working for yes youngdo...maybe we could meet up for coffee or something. anyways, ill be going for my visa interview on tuesday...again, congrats!


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Thanks Katie. I will be working for SMOE (Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education) so I don't know the exact school/district until after orientation.

    Meeting up sounds fun. Once we both get settled it lets make it happen. Best of luck in your interview, and see you in Seoul.