I wanted to have some concrete goals for the next year so that I don't forget why I decided to go on this journey to Seoul. These are not maybe goals but are of the MUST HAPPEN kind.
- Japan (Tokyo, Okinawa)
- Other places in Asia if I get the opportunity
- Be open-minded while staying true to myself
- Don't just hang out with one type or group of people, but make an eclectic group of friends that are interesting in more than just drinking/partying every weekend.
- Open-mind: Approach each situation, place, person, challenge with an open-mind and heart. Don't be too hard on yourself if you screw up...take it as a learning opportunity. Observe. Learn. Reflect. Start again.
- Positive Attitude: Smile, laugh, and have FUN EVERY DAY. No matter what happens do not sink into sadness, loneliness, bitchiness, IHATEKOREA-ness, or anything of that sort. Remember that a positive attitude goes a long way. Be respectful, flexible, but never be a doormat.
- Relax: It's okay if you screw up, have a bad day, make a mistake, or just feel down once in a while but you must remember to: enjoy each moment, day, and experience. Don't get lost in thoughts. Don't try to always have it planned out. Go with the flow, be spontaneous, and let yourself enjoy EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!!!
- Growth: Be flexible, learn, and positive change. Try new things, meet different kinds of people, and just take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. Don't forget why you are here.
- Acoustic Guitar: Buy a left-handed guitar and find someone to give you lessons.
- Do everything on my list of things to do and places to go within the next year. Every week explore/discover something new about Seoul.
- Save at least $7000
- Pay off my credit card before my 23rd B-day (9/19/2010)
- Spend more on traveling, trying new food, than clothes or accessories.
- People: Learn as much as I can about the history and customs of the Korean people. Don't always think I am right and they are wrong. Remember to be flexible, open-minded, and understanding of the differences between us.
- Food: BE OPEN-MINDED and try everything once!!!
- Take a Korean Class
- Practice Korean for at least 30 minutes everyday
- Find a reliable Korean Conversation Partner