Lola O.
Last night my recruiter emailed me saying that my NOA package was on its way to me. He gave me the tracking number, and it looks like it will be here next Monday. It feels very surreal to be doing this process again. The excitement is there but it is a little tainted my memories of failure...lol

I guess it really wasn't a failure as much as I believe it wasn't the right time for me. I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason, and in the last five months I have grown up a little more each day and understand myself, my dreams, and my future a lot better now. So, I'm grateful for this extra time to sort myself and my life out so I can go to Seoul with a clean slate. I have no regrets or unfinished business left simmering here. I can leave knowing that everything I needed to take care of was taken care of. Everything I needed to say was said. It feels really good to leave with this feeling of peace inside of me.

In August, I had a lot of worries and doubts, but now I have strength and faith in myself. No matter what comes my way I can and will overcome it. I have that outlook and determination now. It is funny how you think you know yourself so well, and then life teaches you that you don't.

Now, I know myself better, and even the things I don't know will be discovered along the way as I travel on my own path. I don't know how to express the feeling of happiness I have towards myself these days. It feels like it took me this long to grow up and become my own person. Someone who follows her own path, and listens to her voice and not others. Maybe this is what it means to love oneself.

So it looks like I will apply for my visa next week, and hopefully get it by the end of the week as well. Then I can finally buy my plane ticket, and that would be the last thing to make this journey to Seoul concrete. I have about 34 more days here, and unlike in August I am very laid back about things, because I trust that everything will work out as it should so instead of worrying I have to just believe and do the best I can.

I am laughing and smiling as I write this because I feel so much more mature and sure about my life and where it is going. When I was 21 I was feeling very unsure of what the future held for me, but now I realize that the future is created with each present day. I/We don't have to have all the answers because sometimes you will discover them along the way.

So today I am one step closer to my journey to Seoul, and I thank all of you for supporting me.

AJA AJA Fighting!!!
~Lola O.~



Whenever I listen to this song, it reminds me of this point in my life. A point of beginnings and endings...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    One step closer to your dream.:-) In a way, seeing other people come closer to achieving their dreams sort of inspires you to work harder on fulfilling your own.:-) One lesson I learnt from you- “Don’t give up on your dreams”.:-) After all,we have just one life to live and we shouldn’t have to regret NOT doing something later in life.

    Just sharing something that I read somewhere on the net. “"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. You were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some of us. It’s in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

    ~Ana :-)


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Thank you Ana, I really loved that quote, and it is so true; we shouldn't let fear hinder us, it should motivate us to let our light shine brightly in this world.

    My good friend taught me the importance of never giving up on your dreams, but understanding that dreams can change along the way. Just make sure you live your life with few regrets and plenty of smiles.