Lola O.
I've spent my life dreading Mondays. I just hate waking up on a Monday morning knowing I have five days to go till my weekend arrives. It would be less dreadful if I didn't have to get up till noon. I've also spent my life a non-morning person. I don't function at full capacity in the early hours of the day. I'm more of a night person.

Haha...aside from that little tidbit this Monday is looking up since three of my classes are canceled due to my 6th graders having their English final exams. So now I only have to teach one 3rd grade class, and my 2 afterschool classes. Do I dare say that this Monday is looking like a good one. I tend not to get my hopes up with canceled classes because sometimes it ends up not being true. I'm hoping this is legit.

I'm feeling a lot better. I was able to reach home yesterday and found out my grandma had been released from the hospital. She is still recovering, but I'm glad she is able to do it at home. I always smile when I talk to my mom on the phone. I love that she knows it is me calling, and calls my name excitedly when she answers the phone. It's a simple moment of love between us, and I'm thankful for it. I tend to start my Sunday with a call home, and it really perks me up. It's not even what is said in conversation, but just hearing the voices of the people I love fills me up inside. I'm glad everything is calming down back home, which has helped me calm down and shake myself out of the funk I was in last week.

On Friday, I went to see SATC 2 and had dinner with my co-teacher. If you are a fan of the show then you have to see the movie, but for me it felt like they tried too hard. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Dinner was interesting, because I got to learn a bit more about my co-teacher. We talked about dreams, the ones we'd had for ourselves when we were younger and whether we reached them or not. It was cool getting to know her a bit more. On Saturday, I met up with two friends and we went to Insadong, and then later I went to dinner at Yum Thai in Sinsa which was delicious. I ended the night walking around Gangnam with my friend and it was just a lovely day from start to finish.

I woke up Sunday morning, and laid in bed for a while thinking and praying. I had been feeling a bit shall I say conflicted for the past two weeks. Feeling like I was getting to caught up in things here, and not focusing on what I want. I laid there and thought about why I came here, what I want and don't want while I'm here, and so on. I thought about how life is like that. We are contantly losing and finding ourselves time and time again. We are constantly being tested to see whether we will sink or swim. I was reading a fellow blogger's entry and it kind of just pulled me back to earth, and woke me up from my funk. Life is full of bad days and good days. I don't want to let the bad ones overshadow or belittle the good ones. I don't want to give into negativity or gloominess. That's not the life I want anywhere in this world. Stuff happens, that doesn't mean I have to crumble in a heap and give into it. No I have to be stronger, put some bandages on and get back up again.

My mind doesn't feel fuzzy anymore. I feel clear and tranquil, and I know I have things inside and outside of me that will make me stumble, but even when I trip, even when I fall, I'm not going to give in. I came here knowing that my comfort zone would be non-existant, but that's the point. I want to see how much I can take, how far I can go, what I can overcome, and in the process learn, create, and discover more of myself, bit by bit, day by day.

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves, or be reminded by others why we are here. Why this is the choice we made.

Have a fabulous week:)

Title Song...


Be blessed,
~Lola O.~
0 Responses