Lola O.
  • I love having a wall full of windows in my classroom. I'll be sitting at my desk and glance to my left and see something that makes me smile, unless it is an insect then I just close my eyes!
  • It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't like to work. If I could spend my life just learning and traveling the world that would be perfect for me. I could write and just live. Sometimes I feel like work gets in the way of life/living.
  • I think the music you listen to says a lot about your personality. So when I reveal songs on my blog, I hope it helps my readers know me a little more.
  • Some days it kind of hurts my feelings when I am walking to school and a teacher I know drives by me walking along the road, only to stop to give another teacher a ride to school.
  • I would love to find a place to buy some plantains or other Nigerian ingredients and cook up some yummy food.
  • I love reading; whether it's a book, blog, article, whatever... There is something soothing about words.
  • I consider my friends a part of my extended family.
  • I'll be 23 soon, and for some reason I am just super excited for my b-day. It's been a crazy 22nd year, and I am looking forward to a calm but beautiful 23rd year.
  • My mom reads my blog...that's how she found out I wasn't going to law school. Hmmmm....I LOVE YOU MOM
  • I'm a neat freak. I don't like mess in my apartment or in my life.
  • I can listen to "The Scientist," "The Sound," "Against The Grain," "Breathe Me," "Chasing Cars," and "Gravity" over and over without ever getting tired of them. I can remember moments in my life when these songs inspired or comforted me. It's the lyrics that make a song stand out to me.
  • I write because there are so many things talking/speaking doesn't say.
  • I think my neighbor, let's call him Chicago would be a cool person to hang out with.
  • Amanda, I miss your delicious brownies...no that is not code for something scandalous:)
  • I love being on the subway when it isn't crowded and I can sit down and just watch the world pass me by in a blur while the people in the train are clear for me to observe.
  • My students like to call me Dooly because to them it sounds like my nickname Dele. It turns out Dooly is some Korean cartoon dinasour...hmmmm
  • Whenever I see kids with their dads, I always feel a little pang because I'm never going to have that.
  • I admit to becoming a bit of a fangirl when it comes to Taeyang, Lee Seung Gi, Jung Il-Woo, and Kim Bum. I guess they are my F-4:)
  • Nothings beats subway shopping!!!
  • My students like to call me
  • It really grates on my nerves when people say, "Hey!! Let's hangout soon," and nothing happens. It's like why say it in the first place!!
  • In the future I would like to open up a non-profit organization for youth who need a place away from home they can go to to feel safe, have someone they can talk to, do their homework, help them find resources, and just have someone they can reach out to and know I'll/we'll do my/our best to help them. I'd like to call it "The Lighthouse" and focus on youth from single family households like me.
  • Top 3: Kit-Kats, Reeses Stick, ad Hershey milk chocolate nuggets:)
  • My favorite Korean song is "Break Away" by Big Mama.
  • I really wish I could wear sleeveless tops to school. Honestly, the mini-skirts are then times worse.
  • I really want to learn how to play to guitar, if only someone would teach me.
  • Current drama recommendations: The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry or Soulmate
  • I love when you meet someone that you just instantly and mutually like/click with. There is no work that goes into it, it just is.
  • If I could teach one grade only, it would probably be 5th graders, but I hear 4th graders rock so we shall see if this changes next semester when I teach them.
  • Whenever I have a free moment at work I put on my Ipod and listen to my Currently Loving playlist. That's what I love doing. Sitting around listening to music. It's peaceful.
  • My students think my afro is a wig or the adjumma perm.
  • It's moments when random strangers shower me with kindness that wash away the rare bad moments here:)

2 Responses
  1. *I'm jealous you have windows as walls in your classroom. I don't even have a window in my office!
    *I agree about not being lazy but not liking to work.
    *hahaha I was the total opposite about turing 23
    *And I miss you eating my delicious brownies. ;)
    *Gosh I miss subways/trains
    *OMG that is the most adorable nickname ever! Dooly.


  2. OMG I LOVE DOOLY!! dooly's my nickname 'cause not only am i obsessed with him but people think i look like him too. hahaha~