Lola O.
The sun is shining. I've just finished up my six classes, and can finally catch my breath before I attempt to study my Korean. I've been noticing lately how good I've been feeling inside out, and I'm doing my best to hold on to that feeling of happiness. To have it be a constant mood flowing through me.

Last week was a crazy week, with it's ups and downs but I got through it, because I decided as long as I'm trying that is good enough. It's become this chant in my head over the past few days. If I wake up every morning and try to do my best, then that is enough. The way we handle life is such an internal battle. As they say "life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react" so I've been focusing on not letting life's daily dramas mess up my mood. Being a positive person is a work in progress, and I'm constantly reminding myself of the silver lining when situations arrive and throw me off balance.

It feels good, this feeling of happiness with myself, with the life I'm leading. I'm the kind of person who always wants to do better than I've done. Always reaching for the next achievement instead of enjoying and appreciating how far I've already come. So lately I remind myself to look how far I've come when I'm worried about where I will go. In the end things will fall into place the way they should. I'll figure it out when I need to, and for now I just need to embrace the uncertainty, the changes, the little transformations I go through.

I worry that my happy bubble will burst, but then I remind myself that happiness is my choice. I have to choose it everyday. I choose to wake up everyday and try my best to live well. I choose to smile, to try and brighten up the lives of the people around me, to make people laugh, and to show them they matter. I choose to find the brighteness in my life. It comes from simple things like sunny days, blue skies, sweet kids, getting to school a few minutes early, laughing with my co-workers, talking with friends, cooking myself a fabulous meal, a good night's sleep. Just taking the time to notice those seemingly everyday moments and appreciate them. They hold us through the bad, crazy, or annoying moments.

I'm feeling really good, and proud of myself for trying. For waking up every morning and trying to make the most out of my day. For testing my limits, and doing things I'd never thought I could or would do. For making my dreams come true, and not waiting for them to be handed to me. This life I'm leading, this woman I'm becoming makes me happy. Everyday I get closer to the future I've imagined for myself. Eventually that future will become my present, and I look forward to it.

I think a lot of the time we forget that we have to be our own motivators. The voice inside telling ourselves we can do it, we can accomplish our dreams, we can live well! All we have to do is make a conscious effort to try. No matter what happens; the obstacles, the delays that come our way, we still make that decision to try. To try, and try, and try, and keep trying until we make a breakthrough.

To make sure we acknowlege our efforts, and not just focus on our failures. For we are going to fail sometimes, and then we have to decide to try again, and again, and again. That's kind of the thoughts floating around my mind these days. It's not neccesarily about being strong, it's about being persistant, about knowing that it will get hard but still choosing to keep going. It's about having the courage to overcome our fears and worries, even when we feel paralyzed by them. Having the fortitude and willpower to always try, period.

I'll leave you with this...
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” -Mary Anne Radmacher- 
Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

This wasn't the post I planned to write, but like a lot of things in life, the best things/moments are the ones that just happen.

0 Responses