Lola O.
Hello lovely readers! I hope your Wednesday has been chugging along nicely. Mine has been pretty good. No classes. Yummy Korean food made by my 6-5 kids, and plenty of time to do some research for grad school. My head is swimming with questions, but my path is clear. I'm looking forward to grad school. I am however not looking forward to the process of getting there:)!

This is my second week back and my heart is still at home. I'm not going to rush myself into getting back into the groove of things. I'll feel better when I feel better. However, I'm not going to spend my time moping around either. There is a whole lot of things to do, and I plan to start checking them off my list. I'm laughing at myself as I write this, while I shake my head in wonder at my weirdness. I'm not making any sense, right?!These days I'm so filled with happiness, that some people think I'm high. Really, I'm just high on the awesomeness of life. High and thankful, very very thankful!

Tomorrow my 6th graders graduate. I got the yearbook last week, and it amazed me that for the past year I was their teacher and they were my students. It's been a rollercoaster ride, with more ups than downs, more highs than lows. I'm going to miss them, but in my heart I wish them the best in their future years. I've got a few students I'm really going to miss, so I hope they come back to visit me in my last year. I need to remember to take my camera to school tomorrow.

Last week I was pretty worn out, and I guess all the teachers found out, because so far everyone I meet asks me about my health with this extremely concerned look on their face. I am thankful for their concern but really I'm fine. I think, no I know being homesick and jetlagged was/is a toxic combination. I'm still waking up at odd hours but my internal clock is finding its rhythm again. Thank goodness.

Over the weekend I went to a birthday dinner on Friday and then a goodbye dinner on Saturday for two of my friends that are leaving. I'm really sad about them leaving. There is just so much leaving going on this month and it make my heart sad. My awesome co is leaving for 6 months to train. My teacher friend is leaving cause she's having a baby. My other co found out she is pregnant and is not going to be and English teacher next year. This year is going to be full of change, and inside I'm screaming NOOOOO!!!

I don't take change well, but I'm trying to. I'm learning to, because really in life there will always be change. So I'm making the choice to be positive about all the changes, and go into this new school year with an open mind and heart. To breathe, and take things as they go. To just be patient with myself and with the changes that will happen. I'm choosing to live my life that way. Things are not going to go my way all the time, or be easy, but if I try my best to take things as they come and make the best of it I know my life will be that much better.

On Monday, my teacher friend who's having a baby and I went to dinner. Our goodbye dinner since she is switching schools and you know, having a baby. I'm really exhausted with that word, with having to say goodbye. I've been saying it a lot in the last month and I don't like it. I really don't. I wish I could be in all these places at once so I wouldn't have to miss out on anything, but life isn't like that. We miss out on some chapters so we can write others. I'm really going to miss her. Her and I could really talk, and she gave me a lot of good advice. I'm going to miss having someone to vent to about school stuff, and to talk to about life stuff. Once people have babies they disappear from my life:(!

I know I'm being melodramatic:)! I will see her again, because I'll take the time to. I hope to see my friends who are leaving again. One day in the future it would be nice to see each other in the lives we lead then. For now I've got to keep going down my own path. I've got all these dreams, goals, wishes, plans, hopes... whatever you want to call it and I have to walk the path towards making them real. I'm looking into the future past this one year and I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. It makes me cringe when I think about having to work hard, but I know nothing I want will happen by me waiting for it. So I will boldly go forth and work hard towards all my future somethings.

I've got the next week off and I plan to use my time wisely. I want to spend my days preparing for the next year and making this year an amazing year overflowing with experiences, adventures, and growth. Afterall it is my last year.

To my friends that are leaving I wish even more amazing experiences come your way. I'm going to miss you, but lets meet again. Thank you for all the memories, adventures, and laughter. I hate the finality of goodbye, so I’ll stick with see you later. Something to look forward to instead of something I leave behind.

Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

Sidenote: I'd love it if you all took some time to check out Be A Light In The Dark. My hope is that it/I will inspire you...
0 Responses