Lola O.
Long time no write!

I don't know what it is about this year but I don't have the urge to write about what happens in my life this time around. I've been writing in my journal but not on here. I just feel like there isn't anything to say that I haven't said, and more than that if I don't have anything good to say I shouldn't bother writing it down. I don't know what my deal is but this year is so different and yet the same. It's not like I haven't been doing stuff because I have. I just don't feel the need to write about it like I did last year. Maybe this is second year syndrome!?

It's been almost two months since my last entry. How has my life been? My weeks have become pretty routine. During the week I usually just go home after school, make dinner, watch tv, and do some personal writing and reading. I'm too tired to go anywhere else. Weekends are outings with friends, and then church on Sunday. God, even writing that sounds boring. I mean I am in Korea for this last year and my life has become so routine. Hahaha...I don't know what to say.

Other than that I got two wisdom teeth pulled. I've spent a lot of time crying at the dentist in Korea because I do not get numb like other people, and no matter how many shots they give me I still feel the pain. I seem to have very difficult teeth because something that should take 30 minutes took over one hour for me. My wisdom teeth were horizontal and lucky me I have five wisdom teeth instead of four. Now because of the stupid horizontal wisdom tooth on my left side I have to do a endo (root canal) treatment and spend all this money and feel all this pain.

Last week when I went to the dentist she had to pull the roots out. She gave me plenty of shots to numb me up but it didn't work AT ALL and by the time she was done I was shaking and crying in the chair. Seriously, so embarrassing but that pain was so unbearable and miserable. I have two more appointments for this endo treatment and I just pray to God no more pain. I am so tired of being in pain.

I've been getting involved at church and I really like my church. I've been volunteering at an orphanage with some of the members, and meeting interesting Koreans and foreigners on Sundays. I really love the pastor there and I look forward to hearing his sermons every Sunday. What else?

My brother and sister are coming on the 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited to have them here and show them Seoul and different parts of Korea. If you have any suggestions of interesting things to see and do please send them to me in a comment or email. I'm making a flexible itinerary for the trip here. We are going to Busan from the 31st-2nd, cause Jeju is all booked and too expensive. This will be my first time going to Busan so if you have suggestions for a place to stay or things to do send me those too!!! Thanks in advance.

School ends on the 18th. Thank God. This semester has not been great and I am glad it is coming to an end. I'm upset with my school about summer camp among other things I will not get into right now. So my original co-teacher is doing some class and her sister has been subbing in but she won't be helping with camp. My other co-teacher has decided to take on an admin position for camp, and they hired some old lady who has no teaching experience and I don't even know if she speaks English to be my co-teacher. She told me this nonsense yesterday and I am really trying to keep my anger in check.

Seriously, what's the point of even hiring her? I'm going to have to do everything by myself either way. She is just going to sit there and get paid for nothing! They might as well give me the extra money or find a better co-teacher. I'm going to have to plan all the lessons and prepare everything, and now teach by myself. My other co had the nerve to be like if its too hard for you let me know after telling me about this old lady with no experience being my co-teacher. What does she think it it's going to be like for me?

"Breathe." That is what I keep telling myself. Just breathe and get through this and then start the next chapter of my life outside of Seoul. I definitely know I can't stay another year. I don't know what it is about this second year but things get to me a lot more. Things like staring, people at school mistreating me and expecting me to just go with it, and stuff with co-teachers. I think it is because this year I am on my own and I have to represent me. My old co-teacher hasn't been around to fight for me. I wonder what it will be like when she comes back.

I'm looking forward to having my brother and sister here in a few weeks, and seeing Seoul and Korea through their eyes will be good for my spirit. I think I need to be reminded of all that I love(d) about my life here, and they will be my reminder. I'm looking forward to having some time to get things into perspective and recharge my batteries. I'm looking forward to preparing for the new chapters that await me after this one ends. I'm looking forward to all the future somethings I have yet to see, taste, experience...etc. I'm looking forward to seeing the world through new eyes (literally). I'm going to get Lasek/Lasik done at the end of August if my consultations go well. I'm looking forward to not wearing glasses. I'm looking forward to putting myself back together again and getting my spirit up.

I'm looking forward to what the rest of my time here will bring.

Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

P.S. I will try to update my frequently. I have a gazillion photos to post, so hopefully I can do a few photo diaries in the future.



 I woke up this morning
With a burning in my soul
Morning air it hit me
Like its never done before
I woke up this morning
With a turning in my bones
All the things that I cant change 

 I never let go of

You got me where you want me
You’ve had me all along
I’m learning the hard way now
There’s no easy way out of the storm
Out of the storm

All I’ve been chasing God only knows
Just where I’ve been Now I realize
That I’m a broken man million little pieces
You held right in your hand

Suddenly I’m falling in
Suddenly I’m forgiven
Suddenly I’m falling in
Suddenly I’m forgiven
0 Responses