Lola O.

That picture pretty much describes how I am feeling right now about leaving for Korea in SIX days. I am a bundle of nerves and nervous energy and if I end up exploding at some people I am not myself right now.

Start of Mini-Rant Session:
Honestly I don't know why I thought packing for Korea would end up being an easy task. I think I might have been a little insane when I had that thought. I mean knowing me I should have had warning that this would not go smoothly. So I decided in the last entry that I was going to bring 3 luggages instead of two. Well, the third luggage was a smaller one but after trying to pack my supplies into it and not being able to zip it up I decided to go for one that is the same size as the other two. I have the Samsonite 30 inch Mobile Spinners and although I am probably bringing too much stuff I think I would rather be comfortable than sorry. I am going to do packing attempt 2.5 in a bit and see how that goes. With six days left it feels like time is speeding up and working against me.

END of Rant:)

I am trying to remember to breathe, have fun, and just take it one step at a time. I know God will make my path smooth over the next year and that any obstacles that come my way will not be ones I cannot overcome. Today I just laid in bed and thought about the next year and why I am feeling so nervous. I think with all new things you can't help but wonder because no matter what you can never be prepared enough. I think my biggest fear is all the unknowns that I will have to take on one by one. I wonder if I am strong enough to really do this. However, I know if I didn't at least try I would regret it forever.

After praying and thinking I found some clarity and strength in myself. I just needed to tell myself it was going to be okay...I was/am going to be okay. I kind of gave myself a little pep talk to decrease my stress level. I think all I can do it try, and keep trying when/if I fall. I want to try and finish all this packing stuff latest Wednesday so I can spend Thursday hanging out with my family and friends and just relaxing.

I don't think I will be able to sleep Thursday night...I never can fall asleep the night before a big event and this is a really big event for me! I am leaving my house at 6:30 AM on Friday to give myself time in case of any airport issues. I am praying to God I have none of those. I think I just need to take a break from all this Korea stuff and hang out with my family and friends to clear my mind.

I have been having a music pick me up session and this song really describes how I am feeling about going to Korea.



Keep me and my travels in your prayers!
~Lola O.~
0 Responses