Lola O.
After many packing failures I am almost done. I just need to pack my carry-on and my backpack. I just hope everything fits. I am taking 3 luggages. The sad thing is that even those 3 luggages don't seem to be enough. My wonderful mom is going to ship me the other things I am not taking with me in a care package. Honestly, I think it is the leaving it all behind part that is so hard to do. I have no idea when/if I will come home during that year. I just hope that I don't have any issues at the airport aside from paying excess luggage. I don't want a repeat of lost luggages and nonsense like that. Since I am taking two flights I am just hoping that it all goes directly to Seoul with no problems. Well no matter what happens I will overcome it and not let it overcome it.

My favorite phrase to tell myself these days is "just breathe." I tend to get stressed easily when I am about to go into the unknown but I know that I am going to be okay...I have to be...I will be. I am just really thankful for all of the people supporting ,encouraging, and believing in me. It makes me feel like I am taking all that positive energy with me to Seoul.

I have done a lot of research about South Korea and life there, hence all the links:) but even then I don't really know anything. It really is all about first hand experiences because every person and situation is not exactly the same. I feel pretty surreal these days. My mind just doesn't seem to fully comprehend what I am about to embark on. I feel like I am going through the motions of getting ready to go but it won't really hit me until I am on that plane up in the sky unable to turn around and change my mind. I am not planning to change my mind, and no matter what I won't have any regrets but everyday I am thinking OMG what am I doing.

I am smiling/laughing writing that last sentence. Last night while everyone was sleeping I just sat on the couch thinking about my life up to this point and wondering what is going to happen next. I have dreams, wants, and expectations for myself and my time in Korea but who knows what the reality is going to be. The most important thing for me is having an open-mind, staying true to myself, and surrounding myself with positive people who want to make the most out of their time in South Korea...that doesn't mean getting plastered on Soju every night. I want to do a lot of exploring like going to Jeju, Temples, and things that teach me about Korean Culture. I would really love to take a Korean cooking class and learn how to make some yummy dishes.

I have so many thoughts running in my head right now. I am looking forward to meeting all the other SMOE hires and hopefully finding some good friends to hang out with down there. I am going to miss my family and friends soooooo much. College prepared me for the separation, but since my college was only two hours away by car it wasn't too far. Talking on the phone, using Skype, and etc won't take away how much I am going to miss having them so close to me. I am really going to miss my mom. She is my best friend, and the only parent I have known so it is going to be hard not having her there to make everything better.

I am going to miss my grandma's delicious cooking and our late night conversations about family, life, and everything in between. My grandma has so much wisdom in her and it is great being able to be her granddaughter. I am going to miss my little bro and my big sis. We are the three musketeers and I am wishing them success and happiness in school, life, and everything else. I am going to miss my church family and my dearest friends. They have always supported and stood by me and I am thankful and blessed for all the love they have given me. Arizona has been my home for almost ten years and I am going to miss it, even the crazy heat. I am sad I am going to missing out on things here while being in South Korea but I know that we can't stay sheltered forever.

I guess the time to grow up has caught up to me. It's time for Lola to spread her wings and fly(so cheesy but true ^___^). Lets see what the next chapter brings!



I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.


I absolutely love this song and those two lines pretty much sums up how I am currently feeling. We will see what happens after the honeymoon phase wears off and reality sinks in...:)

Be Blessed,
~Lola O.~
0 Responses