Lola O.
So I did the small bowel x-ray today. I had to drink this really gross version of a vanilla milkshake, it was thick and chalky, and then I had to walk around for 20 minutes while it went through my system and then they would take x-rays to see how far it was gone through my system. Overall, it took about 2 hours, which was great since originally they told me I would have to be there for 4 hours.

As I was getting the x-rays done and being poked by the technician I just kept thinking, "God, please let this be the last time I have to do anymore tests!" It's been nothing but doctors and medication for the past six months and I am just crossing my fingers that this is the end and I am finally moving past all this stuff. The Radiologist doctor said everything was looking great so far, and then he did the last set of x-rays and told me to call my doctor next week for the complete results. I am feeling optimistic about it, and am sure there won't be any unexpected or unwanted surprises this time around. I am still anemic, so I will keep taking my iron supplements and  doing regular blood tests while in Seoul. I will also have to take Prilosec for one year, and do check-ups to make sure everything is okay. Basically I have to monitor myself for another year, and stay away from aspirin (forever) and caffeine (for the most part).

I've been feeling really good these past weeks! I'm eating well. I have no stomach pains, and I just have a lot more energy. I feel like the twenty two year old young woman I am, and it is a great feeling. In the past six months I have learned not to take my health for granted, and it has made me very aware of how my body is doing. I make sure to do what I need to do to be healthy and have energy so I don't end up in a hospital again.

With fourteen days left it feels very surreal, like I have done this before (which I have), but I am in a different mindset this time around. I feel different, more ready this time around. I'm less anxious and worried than when I was supposed to leave in August. I feel a lot more grown up and sure of what I am doing. I'm super excited to take this challenge on and see what happens along the way. My last hurdle is packing. I have to figure out what else I can take out that I haven't already taken out to make each luggage 70 lbs. Just looking at them makes me exhausted so maybe I will wait a day or two before I try again.

I'm smiling in anticipation of finally beginning my journey in Seoul and just growing through each experience, interaction, failure, and triumph. I just want to soak everything in, and learn as much as possible about the language, culture, people, and me. Time seems to be flying by me these days and I know the 25th will be here in the blink of a  eye, but instead of fear or worry I feel excitement and happiness, and I know that no matter what I can do this, I will do this, and it will be a beautiful year in Seoul.

Be Blessed,
~Lola O.~
5 Responses
  1. LostUmbrella Says:

    I hope everything will go well with your medical exam, Lola. I can imagine your excitement...

    I can't help but chuckle when I read about your previous post. Packing is always the most cumbersome of all preparations. I had to pay a great sum for my excess luggage when I first came there. But don't worry. Koreans are very particular about beauty and for sure you will be able to find a lot of good quality toiletries and other beauty products there.

    Korea is a beautiful country and I hope you can make the most of your stay there. Wish you all the best!


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Thanks Lost Umbrella! I tend to laugh to when I think about my packing craziness. I'm super excited to just do this and see how it all turns out. I plan to make the most out of my time there, and do as many new things as possible.


  3. I'm very excited for you! I can't wait to meet you here in Korea!!!! Fighting!! ^^ when you get settled in you'll have to let me know!!!


  4. Lola O. Says:

    Can't wait to meet you too Gabi:)


  5. JIW Says:

    OH I hated drinking that stuff. I find it worse than a colonoscopy. Everything else sounds exciting :)