Lola O.
Only three more days left in AZ before I leave for Seoul!!!

The last few days have been filled with bittersweet moments and lots of nostalgia. Yesterday, I went on a mini-road trip with my good friends from college. We went to Tucson, to see a friend and it was just a great experience/day. From the moment I got in the car and we were on our way I had so much happiness and peace inside of me. We saw a movie, ate some delicious Vietnamese food, and ended the night with Amanda's delicious brownies (no brownies I have had beat hers), sparkling cider, and lots of reminiscing and laughter. I have an amazing group of friends and I am soooooo very thankful and grateful to them for being in my life. They keep me sane, grounded, and centered, and I love them for that. I just hope I give even more than I take from them.

As we made the two-hour journey back to Phoenix, I looked out the rain splattered window and watched Tucson fade away. I had spent the past four years there, and it held a lot of wonderful memories, and now that chapter has ended and a new and exciting one is about to open. I can't help but smile, because inside I feel amazing and so at peace with who I am, where I am going, and what my future holds for me. I don't have everything figured out, but that's the great part. I'll figure it out with each new experience I have. It's not so much the destination anymore but the journey that gets me there.

Today, at church my pastor and brethren prayed for me, and I felt so loved by them. They are my family, and have helped me become the young woman I am today and I am very thankful and blessed by their love and concern for me. There were a lot of hugs and farewells today, but I left smiling because I knew that wherever I am in this world I know they will always be wishing me well. It feels like everyday is even more precious now that there are only a few more days before I leave. I'm doing my best to make the most out of each one, and let them people in my life have good memories to make them smile.

I just keep thinking how everything feels so right this time around compared to August. The small bowel x-ray results came back normal, and I have noticed that I feel really good these days. Lots of energy:)! I feel  deeply blessed to be surrounded by my wonderful family and friends, and thankful for all their support in everything and anything I do. A friend said to me today, that she knows wherever I go, my light will shine brightly, and it made me smile. I know that no matter where I am in this world I will and can succeed because everyone I love is cheering me on, encouraging me, believing in me, and supporting me. I will leave knowing that and it gives me a lot of strength.

I am not fearful or nervous anymore because I know I can and will overcome and triumph in the end. I know God is guiding and watching over me as I take this next step in my life and start a new chapter in Seoul. I am thankful to everyone out their supporting me, helping me, and uplifting me. I hope to always do the same for you.

With only three more days left, it feels like time is racing ahead of me, but I know these three days will be blessed with wonderful memories. I'm going to enjoy my family and friends, eat lots of Nigerian food, and get plenty of rest. The next time I write to you will be from Seoul, so look forward to it. Thank you for supporting me.

I'm looking forward to all the amazing people I will meet and experiences I will have in Seoul. Keep me in your prayers, and you are always in mine.

Be Blessed,
~Lola O.~

The lyrics in this song describe who I am at this point in my life now...

8 Responses

  1. Maria Says:

    I'm excited for what you will be doing in a couple of days. Have a safe trip! :)


  2. Lola O. Says:

    Thanks Maria, and see you soon Joy:)!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'm sure you will overcome any obstacles that come your way.Remember if God brings you to it,He will bring you through it.:-)And yes,your friend was spot on when she said that your light will shine bright,no matter where you go.Even the words that you write have the power to touch the hearts of people who are far far away.:-)Will say a prayer for you.:-) All the best mon amie!:-)

    ~Ana


  4. Lola O. Says:

    Thanks Ana, and like you said God will and can bring me through any situation that might arise.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    aja aja fighting!!!!!


  6. MC Says:

    As weird as it may seem; Out of the blue; you came into my mind this afternoon. I thought about you while heading home after work. I told myself "Oh yeah Lola is leaving this week to Korea" and I prayed for you while walking towards the subway! The Holy Spirit spoke to me to pray for you!
    I'm heading to Korea in the autumn of 2011 after I graduate to teach English! If you plan on staying in Seoul for another year (in 2011-2012) we have to see each other! Please post pictures of your life in Seoul! Like your apartment, where you go to work, your life in Seoul! You meeting celebrities like Daniel Henney! lol

    Have a safe trip girl! FIGHTING!


  7. Lola O. Says:

    Thanks MC, you made me smile. If I enjoy being in Seoul, I am open to staying for another year:)! If so, we will for sure meet up:)! I will post as much as possible, and don't worry if I am blessed enough to meet a celebrity you will all be witness to my fan girl blog entries:)!