Lola O.
Seoul Geum/Keum San Elementary School. I can't find any info on it, but I guess today I will know when my co-teacher takes me there. I will have updates about orientation and etc once I have some time. Pray that I have a nice/flexible/young co-teacher and a nice/clean apartment in a super safe and pretty area. I leave in a few hours to start the real journey in Seoul and it is both exciting and scary.

This week has been like a comfortable cocoon of new and old. But, everyone here has at least one thing in common, we are all foreigners to this land for the most part. Today, I depart from this safe zone, and jump in the unknown with hope that it all works out for me. I'm ready to do this. I'm ready to take this leap and dive into teaching. I'm ready to explore and experience everything that comes my way. I am ready to triumph, fail, and make mistakes while learning from each one. I am ready to leave my comforts behind and create a life and a home for myself in this country for a year. I am ready to be an expat, and let Seoul and S.Korea know who I am.

Wish me luck:)!

Be Blessed
~Lola O.~
6 Responses
  1. JIW Says:

    Usually the school has a website but it's in Korean. You will know what the school is like depending on the class size and facilities that are available. If you walk into the English classroom and there are a lot of materials and a nice white board and projector than you know they care about it. Even if you get a middle aged coteacher it is not too bad since they will care a lot about you and want you to be happy.

    If there are problems with your new place don't be shy to ask about them.

    Good luck!


  2. I bet you hope that you have a nice, "flexible", and young co-teacher considering you know he is a male. AND I won't be offended if you don't publish this comment because of the sexual innuendo. lol.


  3. Good Luck! You'll do great! Just Stay Positive!!!! *Fighting!*


  4. Kate Says:

    cross my finger!!


  5. good luck on your new adventure! im looking forward to your updates =)


  6. Mike M Says:

    Dele,
    Hope youre haveing fun. Good Luck with everything