Lola O.
"Can’t nobody, can’t nobody hold us down
Cuz we keep rockin’, we rock rockin’, yeah" -2NE1

Happy Monday morning to you lovely people. It's a rainy one, but I like it. I thought I wasn't going to teach today but I am. I'm so jealous of my fellow teachers who have this day off. Alrighty, enough with the whining.

I'm feeling a lot better and less homesick. I took a half-day sick leave on Friday, and went home only to spend the next 4 hours talking to one of my best friends back home. I think I just need a mental health day, and the best cure was talking to my friend. We haven't really been able to talk the way we did back home because instead of living 5 minutes away from each other we are on different sides of the world. We talked about nothing and everything, and it was just what I needed. I was in such a good mood that I cleaned my entire apartment, twisted my hair, and cooked.

I woke up on Saturday and met my friend in Anguk for lunch and of course some shopping. If you haven't been there I highly recommend it for a day outing. Lots of coffee shops, cool little shops, and it's just a nice place to walk around away from the hustle and bustle of most of Seoul. Go out of Exit 1, walk straight, and turn right at the corner, and keep walking straight. I'd recommend Homestead Coffee place for lunch. Now before I got there I had a bad moment. I got on the subway, and then they made us all get off, I got on the next train, only to see that it was going to Kkahistan (?) and then I had to pay again to transfer. I get to the other station, have to pay again, and this old man touched my butt, not once but three times. The first time I thought it was a mistake, and then he did it again as if he was just clumsy, and I glared at him and moved, and then as he left the train he "accidently" did it again. I wanted to get off and give him a piece of my mind. I don't think it was a mistake, and it made me even more pissed off. Besides those two hours of nonsense, everything else was great.

I went to Forever 21, and bought a few more things. I got home with less than an hour to get ready for my birthday party. I made a reservation at Macaroni Market, and I will definitely be going there again. The food was delicious, although I think the Macoroni is overrated, or maybe I just don't love Mac that much. It was too cheesy, and the taste wasn't macalicious enough for me. Lol, but all the other things I ate were really good. The place has a nice atmosphere to it. We headed off to a place called Loft that gives free drinks for ladies, but it way too loud. Then we went to Scrooges, and finally ended up at Luv. Luv was a lot of fun, the guys were fun to dance with, we got free drinks for some reason, and I dig the music and the DJ:). I got home around 4AM I think and passed out. I woke up around 1:30 PM and called home.

My mom and grandma sang me happy birthday, and I could feel the love and joy in their voices. It was the best part of my day, besides opening up Amanda's package of goodies to find my favorite snacks in there, and the cutest card ever. Love you Bam Bam:)!!! I stayed home because it was raining, and watched Merlin, Life Unexpected, and Nikita. I spent the day being lazy and just lounging around until I was hungry and got something to eat. I straighted my hair last night, which just means one giant poof ball. Everyone seems to like it. I want to try to find a hat that fits my head/hair today so I had to straighten my afro but it is already reverting back to an afro-ish style.

22 was about the fragility of life, and learing to find my own happiness. I'd like 23 to be about enjoying my happiness, and exploring what I'm capable of. I'm thankful to be alive, to be loved, to be healthy, and to be here. My hope for this year and all of my life is summed up in this song...


Not Afraid To Be Me : By Kendall Payne

I’ve got a new way of living now a little less of a lot
A little more of nothing
Thought you might have seen the change in me
Little quicker to listen little slower to speak
I was wrong when I said I was strong I am weak and I need

All that you have to give
I cannot keep the voices quiet inside
Hear them sing hear the scream, at least I know I’m alive
Now I am meeting myself and I am liking what I see
I am not afraid anymore Not afraid to be bored
Not afraid to be me

Every battle leads to another war
Every day I’m reminded of what I’m fighting for
It’s never easy and it’s never the same
But it’s worth all I’ve got and so I’ll give it again
Now I don’t know why, I don’t know why
But it makes me want to cry, cry

I am meeting myself and I am ready to see
Truth can break our heart that is when it will start
To set us free


Be blessed,
~Lola O.~

P.S. Happy Chuseok!!! I'm heading to Tokyo tomorrow and I'm so excited to be making that dream a part of my reality!