Lola O.
Yesterday was such a good day, but today not so much. My 5th graders have gone over the deep end and came back out of control. I guess since there is only a month left in the semester they think they can act however the want, talk back, and pretty much ignore whatever my co-teacher or I say. 5-4 is my worst class. They are the loudest, and have the most troublemakers in a class. Even some of my favorite students have decided to stop caring and act up in class. They drained my already depleting energy in 40 minutes. I feel like a zombie today.

I went to bed around 11:30 PM after watching Mary Stayed Out All Night, and slept fine but woke up around 4:30 AM feeling a bit sick, and tossed and turned till I had to get up for school. Tuesday is my longest day, with two 3rd grade classes and four 5th grade classes. I feel so exhausted right now, and every sound grates on my frazzled nerves. The incessant chatter of my 5th graders made me feel like I was going to pass out during class. It was just so loud, and they wouldn't stop talking and do their work. I had to have them close their eyes and put their hands on their heads at least twice, and yet they just didn't care.

I made some stay after and clean the classroom, but if I had it my way they'd stay and do busy work till I decide to let them go home. I feel so sleepy and weak right now. All I want to do is go home, curl up in my bed, and fall asleep to some Coldplay songs. I've got a lot of things on my mind right now besides school. I was zoning in and out of teaching with the thoughts dancing around in my head. Thoughts of things I need to do, want to do, should do, etc. Just lots of things to do. I think I need to take a step back, give myself some room to breathe, and then tackle it all piece by piece.

I have open class tomorrow, and I'm worried about whether all my kids will show up or not. I don't understand them this semester, they just don't show up or they come 20 minutes late and I make them make up the time by staying later and cleaning or doing some writing practice. They hate that, but they still come late. I just don't get it, and I seem to be the only one who cares about them not coming. Then I have to remind myself they have so many things on their plates, that sometimes it means ASP isn't their priority. Let's just hope they come tomorrow and do a good job. If not for me, then for their parents who came to see them. Life seems busier than usual right now, or maybe I'm just feeling lazier these days.

I was telling my co how I want to go into hibernation for the winter like bears do. I'm so sleepy when the weather is cold. I feel the chill all the way to my bones. Which is why after Seoul, I will never live in a cold place. I might not stay in AZ but I will not live where it snows. I like the abundance of sunny days and good weather we get on the west coast. I'm looking forward to going home, to going back to my family and friends and making the most of every moment I have with them.

Lots of thoughts running inside my head this Tuesday. Well the day is over, all that is left is lesson planning, and that should be quick and easy. Then I can go home, make some tea, and take a nap. For now, I'll listen to some music to soothe me after this long Tuesday.

I hope your Tuesday is going better than mine!!!

Be blessed,
~Lola O.~
0 Responses